Saturday, March 2, 2013

In a Flash

The shortest month of the year happened by, well for me, in a flash. If I were to summarize the whole month, it would be: Vday, UPLB Feb Fair, almost four days of toothache, a trip to my dentist and Friday or Saturday night hang-outs with friends. What about the more or less remaining 15 days? I don't know either. Haha. But  I'm glad I get to cap of the month with my family. Unusual though cos we spent the afternoon of the last day of February at a memorial park cos it's my deceased aunt, Tita Luzette's birthday.

I never got to meet her. She passed away when she was five, when dengue wasn't that a household disease and had no immediate cure. I always wondered what it would be like if she was still alive. She was the youngest in my grandparents' brood of five so maybe, just maybe, we would really be close, like her older sibling, Tita Nalu, whom I'm very close with and is more like my second mother. However, I know that Tita Luzette's in a happy place now and she'll always be in our hearts.


The memorial park was quite peaceful when we got there. Far from the noisy and tent-laden park during the first of November. Ahhh it was such a good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment