Wednesday, October 11, 2017

MIND-FART#17: Perpetually Curious

Earlier today, I had a brief chance of showing my colleague a book I just started to read. I was reminded of a conversation we had before about novels. And out of nowhere, my colleague blurted "I think you're a deep person. You like art, poetry, and this type of novel (pertaining to the novel I just showed her). Aren't those things deep?" 

I was caught off-guard. It was a question I haven't been asked before, let alone have had the chance to ask myself.

Am I a deep person?

As far as I'm concerned, I'm pretty shallow. In a sense that little things make me happy; a half-assed compliment, a free drink, a postcard, or even a seat in a packed train to work would make me happy. I would even tweet it heh~

I'm not deep in that sense, I guess.

What I'm sure of, though, is that I am in a continuous search of learnings, whatever those are, whatever their forms are... a novel, an artwork... ahhhh I'd receive them with arms wide open.

Don't call me deep. Call me perpetually curious. 




And yeah, curiosity may have killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back. *wink*

Stay curious,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment